Saturday, September 12, 2009

Deck almost done

Phew! The deck is almost done. We have been in the house for over 1 year now and have not been able to enjoy it. I stood up on it for a few minutes tonight and just relaxed.

Today we had a birthday party. I was a little nervous, but I meditated before we went to stay calm and focused. Other than some painful relationship growing pains, everything went fine. I held boundaries, and my son turned a game that he didn't like (and the parents don't like) into something more appropriate. I was pretty proud of him.

We may, I repeat may, go to the local park day. I may wait until October when we have had more time to relax into our school year rhythm.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! It will be nice to be able to just relax on your new deck soon. Glad to hear the birthday party went well too.

    Ah, the school year rhythm. Hopefully that will happen shortly here as well.

    ReplyDelete