Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wet on Wet Watercolor painting



Baby's painting.




Brother's



Brother's

We are finally back to painting! I have such a hard time fitting everything in to the week, that this activity tends to slide. Since this is a math block and we are only doing one number a week, I thought I would really make an effort to get back to it. The kids really love it. First Brother painted with Blue and yellow, then I mixed the left over paints together to give baby green. Baby is only 2.75 years old and only needs one color anyway. Kristie Burn's Earthschooling April curriculum for preschoolers included a story with a green frog hopping all over the page. Baby loved the story and it helped him to fill the whole page with paint instead of just a bit of it.

Here is her link http://waldorfenrichment.weebly.com/index.html

As you can see, we are still having a "fractal" type issue on the sides of the page. Hopefully I get that figured out soon.

2 comments:

  1. I love wet on wet painting and would love to do more of it myself. I need to get around to buying some watercolor paints - I have the paper. Where do you get your supplies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so fortunate to have a toy store in town called Top Ten Toys. I have bought he paints from them and also from Enki Supplies website.

    ReplyDelete