Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday - Process Not Product!

Today was Co-Op day, and the last day of our turn to host for a while. The kids were very relaxed and the play went smoothly. It was very peaceful for me. 

This afternoon we baked gluten free blueberry muffins with brown rice and buckwheat flour. The kids love them! I have a hard time with baking because I am a perfectionist. I practically have to say "Process Not Product" over and over in my head to stay calm. But the kids had a lot of fun making them, and I was a little more relaxed when flour was spilled on the counter. I am always afraid that if you don't get exactly the right amount of flour in the dough, then the muffins won't turn out.  Fortunately, this is a very forgiving recipe. It also helps if I can get the ingredients out on the counter, in the order they need to be put in, before calling the kids in to bake.  Hopefully as we bake more, I'll loosen up a bit.

I should do some Tonglen practice focusing on flour spilling before next Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment