Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Monday

This morning we hosted Kindergarten Co-Op. The kids had a lot of fun digging and running in the trees. Of course building trains is always a hit!
In the afternoon Brother and I started baking, but I had no eggs! Oops, so when Grandma came I ran out to the store and finished up the Zucchini cake myself. Then Grandpa joined us for dinner and we celebrated St. Patrick's Day a day early. 

I guess this week I get to count 1/2 of a baking day. We just started adding in the baking, so I need to cut myself some slack. Until now, I really hadn't been doing much of it. We're gluten free, so it is a bit of a challenge. Actually, I'm gluten free. Everyone else just gets stuck with my GF food. No one is complaining though. 

My favorite cookbook is Bette Hagman's  The Gluten Free Gourmet. It's an oldie, but a goodie. I tend to substitute brown rice flour for white rice flour though. So my baked goods do come out heavier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment