Monday, October 5, 2009

Older Kindergarten Week #4 Monday

I can't believe it is week 4 all ready!

I added onto our St. George circle. Brother really loves it and gets sucked in immediately. It is so wonderful to see since he really hated the squirrel and apple circle. Baby isn't so interested in circle right now, but at 2.25, he is only along for the ride.

I didn't remember to start reading and meditating on a Fairy Tale last week. I've been listening to podcasts from Melissa at A Little Garden Flower. She is very clear that if you are not prepared for an activity - don't do it. So, we did not read an Enki Fairy Tale this week, instead I chose an Enki Folk Tale that I have read to myself many times called "The Foxes Proof". On the bright side, Brother asked me to read it two times because it just wasn't enough for him. So, I do know that he needs Fairy Tales now, and I will be prepared next week.

Today was Baking Day. I made 2 batches of Granola with help from Baby, milled 1 batch of applesauce, cooked another batch that is cooling and made 2 batches of muffins. Brother helped make 1 batch of muffins. Baby was asleep so it was much easier. It was so nice spending that time alone with Brother. We don't get much time without Baby. I'm sure that will shift as Baby gets older and can play more by himself.

I swear, I have been cooking almost all day! Back to the kitchen for me. I still have to mill a batch of applesauce and prep tomorrows dinner - And do dishes. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment