Saturday, January 18, 2014

Finished Pillow Made From A Finger Crochet


This is Olly's pillow. The picture of Rolly's pillow is very similar. For some reason the picture corrupted.

I improved the weaving in this pillow by replacing the cut up t-shirt spokes with yarn that matches the outside of the pillow. I think this looks a lot prettier than the t-shirts. However, the yarn makes it much easier to pull too tightly. I pulled so tightly that even when I put the backing on and filled up the pillow, it is still misshapen.

The backing is made from fleece that I hand sewed on.

For the stuffing, I used the insides of our boppy. Our boppy broke after two children and I didn't want to throw away the insides - so I repurposed them.

The kids do not realize that they are a little awkward and Grandma just loves receiving a gift, so it worked out well in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment